Other Organizations at the U
- GSAC Math
- The graduate student advisory committee is the student group of the graduate students in mathematics.
- SIAM at the U
- The student chapter of the society for industrial and applied mathematics.
- SACNAS at the University of Utah
- SACNAS is an all-inclusive community dedicated to supporting diversity and fostering success in under-represented STEM fields from students to professionals. Our goal is to help these members attain advanced degrees, careers, and positions of leadership in STEM. Come be a part of the vibrant SACNAS community at the University of Utah and help us cultivate a safe and secure scientific community filled with the brightest scientists. We aim to provide a holistic approach to STEM training by organizing opportunities for professional development, cultural programming, resilience training, and a pipeline of support and mentoring within a national network. Be the best U with the University of Utah SACNAS chapter.
Offices on Campus
- LGBT Resource Center
- The LGBT Resource Center acts in accountability with the campus community by identifying the needs of people with a queer range of (a)gender and (a)sexual experiences and responding with university-wide services.
- Women's Resource Center
- The Women's Resource Center (WRC) at the University of Utah serves as the central resource for educational and support services for women. Honoring the complexities of women’s identities, the WRC facilitates choices and changes through programs, counseling, and training grounded in a commitment to advance social justice and equality.
- University Counseling Center
- The purpose of the University Counseling Center (UCC) is to facilitate and support the educational mission of the University of Utah.
- Center for Student Wellness
- The goal of the Center for Student Wellness is to help students have successful academic and personal experiences by encouraging comprehensive wellness. We accomplish this by providing information and resources in the form of health education and advocacy services.
- Office of Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Title IX
- The Office of Equal Opportunity And Affirmative Action (OEO/AA) is a professional resource dedicated to the University of Utah’s commitment to provide a fair and equitable environment for individuals to pursue their academic and professional endeavors and to equally access University programs.
- Center for Disability and Access
- The Center for Disability & Access is dedicated to students with disabilities by providing the opportunity for success and equal access at the University of Utah.
- Financial Wellness Center
- Providing education, guidance, and coaching in all matters of personal finance.
- Office of the Dean of Students
- The Office of the Dean of Students is dedicated to being a resource to students through support, advocacy, involvement, and accountability.
- Association for Women in Mathematics, the official site.
- Women Do Math
- WomenDoMath is an easy-access platform supported by the NSF that brings you news and resources about women and other groups or individuals in mathematics that accurately represent the diversity of the math community. WDM aims to provide a central hub and resources pool within reach for women in mathematics. It can also serve as a means of learning and growth for anyone wanting to promote gender equity and overall inclusiveness in STEM. Use this portal to connect with others, check out upcoming math events, and stay up to date with this and more communities in mathematics.
- The EDGE Program is administered by the Sylvia Bozeman and Rhonda Hughes EDGE Foundation with the goal of strengthening the ability of women students to successfully complete PhD programs in the mathematical sciences and place more women in visible leadership roles in the mathematics community. Along with the summer session, EDGE supports an annual conference, travel for research collaborations, travel to present research and other open-ended mentoring activities.
- The Association for LGBT Mathematicians
- An AWM blog on inclusion/exclusion in mathematics.
- Mathematically Gifted and Black
- A website celebrating and highlighting the stories of black mathematicians.
- A website celebrating and highlighting the stories of Latinx mathematicians.