You are here:


Academic Advisors are here to help you connect with university resources and opportunities so that you can maximize your undergraduate experience.  We will assist you in exploring and declaring a math major or minor, work with you to create an academic plan, and ensure that you understand graduation requirements such as general education, bachelor degree requirements, and course prerequisites.  We are here to help you navigate the U of U from admission to graduation, and everything in between.



Academic Advisor
CSC 240 | 801-587-0648 

Book Appointment

For Drop-in Hours see Below


Academic Advising Coordinator
LCB 214 |801-581-6837
For Drop-in Hours see Below


Academic Advisor


Fall Drop-In Hours

Drop-in hours are for delcaring math minors or quick questions that will take 5-10 minutes.

Friday, August 23rd (Advising Hive, CSC 240):  9:00AM - 12:00PM, 1:00PM - 4:00PM
Monday, August 26th (Advising Hive, CSC 240)9:00AM - 12:00PM
Monday, August 26th (LCB 214)1:00PM - 4:00PM
Tuesday, August 27th (Advising Hive, CSC 240)9:00AM - 12:00PM
Tuesday, August 27th (LCB 214)1:00PM - 4:00PM
Wednesday, August 28th (Advising Hive, CSC 240)9:00AM - 12:00PM
Wednesday, August 28th (LCB 214): 2:00PM - 4:00PM
Thursday, August 29th (Advising Hive, CSC 240)9:00AM - 12:00PM
Thursday, August 29th (LCB 214)12:30PM - 2:30PM
Friday, August 30th (Advising Hive, CSC 240)9:00AM - 12:00PM
Friday, August 30th (LCB 214)1:00PM - 4:00PM


For questions expected to take 15 minutes or more, such as major declarations, mandatory advising and graduation planning. If you don't see any available times check back regularly for slots that have opened up or call/email with some alternate days/times you are available.

Math Majors please contact us once per semester, or at least once per year, to discuss progress toward your degree and any concerns you may have. This will allow you to know more about course availability and pre-requisites (which are strictly enforced). It is crucial that you work closely with us to graduate without delay.
Transfer students contact us early in your academic career, even prior to admission to the University of Utah.


 If you are unable to register for a math class without a permission code, review the following information to determine what steps you need to take. The Math Department enforces prerequisites for all math courses through the 5000 level and does not make exceptions to prerequisites. All prerequisite courses must be passed with at least a straight C or better. To review the prerequisites for the math course you want to take, visit the Math course descriptions in the General Catalog.

Permission Code Request Form


In order to evaluate your coursework we will need an official course description and your uID. You can submit the information from the course website, an official syllabus (that lists topics covered, textbook used and prerequisite information) or a letter from an advisor. Please submit this information using the Transfer Course Evaluation Form button below:

transfer course evaluation form


Last Updated: 8/23/19