Graduate Student Advisory Committee (GSAC)
The Graduate Student Advisory Committee (GSAC) exists for the following reasons:
- To advise new and continuing graduate students concerning curricula, requirements for degrees and other aspects of the graduate program.
- To make recommendations to the Department concerning promotion, tenure and retention of faculty members.
- To participate in the allocation of ASUU funds supplied to the College of Science Student Council.
- To make whatever recommendations it feels appropriate concerning the graduate program to the Department of Mathematics.
- To assist the Department in making its policies and requirements fully understood by the graduate students.
Current GSAC sub-committees
|Co-chairs||Chris Miles, Dan Smolkin|
|Retention, Promotion and Tenure||Adam Brown, Todd Reeb, Laura Strube, Greg Handy|
|Graduate Colloquium||Jenny Kenkel|
|GSNACS (Refreshments)||Anna Nelson, Sean McAfee, Jenny Kenkel, Hannah Hoganson|
|Recruitment||Greg Handy, James Farre, Anna Nelson, Daniel Zavitz, Hannah Hoganson, Dan Smolkin|
|Graduate Student Life Committee (Social Outreach)||Erin Linebarger, Jenny Kenkel, Daniel Zavitz|
|Intramural Sports (Social Outreach)||James Gossell, Derrick Wigglesworth|
|Web page maintenance||Andy Kassen|
*Sub-committee chairs are underlined.
Contacts for Prospective and Incoming Students
|Research Area||Student Contact|
|Mathematical Biology||Samantha Hill|
|Algebraic Geometry||Franco Rota|
|Commutative Algebra||Dan Smolkin|
|Representation Theory||Sean McAfee|
|Applied Mathematics||Kyle Steffen|
|Scientific Computing||Erin Linebarger|
|International Students||Stefano Filipazzi|
*For general questions and information please email Paula Tooman
|Colloquium schedule||Fall 2016 Colloquia|
|Presentations using LaTeX: The Beamer Class||Instructional guide by Amber Smith|
|Grant Proposals||Prepare a Successful Grant Proposal|
|Thesis Preparation||Thesis Office|
|Sources for travel funds||Graduate School|
|Past colloquia schedules||Archive of past colloquia: Fall 1999 – Fall 2015|
|Information for qualifying exams||Archive of past qualifying examinations|