Gustafson's 2280 12:55pm S2015, Extra Credit
Extra credit problems and optional maple labs
The plan for Spring 2015 is to submit extra credit in two grading packages.
Package 1. Ch 1 to Ch 4 extra credits due on Friday April 10 (week 13).
Package 2. Ch 5 to Ch 9 and Ch7X extra credits, and optional maple
labs due by Friday May 1 (final exam week), under the door
of office JWB 113. Package 2 submitted early will be safely
stored until May 1 in office 113 JWB.
Please recognize that exam scores and quiz scores are unaffected by extra credit efforts.
Which problems should I work?
Package 1, Ch1 to Ch4, Due April 10. Location is important.
Choose any extra credit problem from Ch1 to Ch4 extra credit problems
to replace scores of 50 or 0 in Ch1 to Ch4. Problems can be math-type
or technology-type. Optional maple labs are not graded at this date.
Please read below.
Extra credit problems from Ch1 to Ch4 are due April 10. They are
unacceptable after April 10, because of no grader.
Please submit extra credit problems solved from Ch5 to Ch9 in the
package due May 1 (don't staple them into the April 10 package). These
problems can be parked in JWB 113 until the May 1 deadline, but please
deliver package 2 in the period April 13 until May 1.
Chapter 8, Power Series, is not in the lectures or in the syllabus.
There are no Ch8 extra credit problems.
Package 2, Ch5, Ch6, Ch7, Ch7X and Ch9 Due May 1. Location is important.
These problems apply to correct any missed credit from any Homework set in
the semester. Problems from Ch5 to Ch9 extra credit PDF files add to
the semester HW total, which cancels lost homework credits from Ch1 to
Ch9. The same rules apply to optional maple labs 8, 9, 10 and Ch7X Laplace problems.
- 2280 Chapter 1 [First Order DE] extra credit problems
- 2280 Chapter 2 [DE applications] extra credit problems
- 2280 Chapter 3 [Linear DE] extra credit problemshttp://www.math.utah.edu/ gustafso/s2015/2280/2280mapleL4-resonance-S2015.pdf
- 2280 Chapter 4 [Intro to Systems] extra credit problems
Semester Extra Credit
Extra credit Ch5, Ch6, Ch7, Ch9, Ch7X and optional Maple Labs
8, 9, 10 apply as extra credit for the entire semester. They cancel
zeros and fifties for any chapter. Due after classes end but before
the final exam has been written. In S2015, due Friday May 1,
under my office door JWB 113, deadline 5pm.
- 2280 Chapter 5 [Systems of Linear DE] extra credit.
- 2280 Chapter 6 [Dynamical Systems] extra credit.
- 2280 Chapter 7 [Laplace Theory] extra credit.
- 2280 Chapter 9 [Fourier Series and Heat, Wave Equations] extra credit.
- 2280 Chapter 7X [Laplace Challenge] extra credit.
Extra Credit Maple Projects
These projects have several files each. Credits apply to cancel any
zero or fifty in the homework for any chapter. Due after classes end,
packaged with the Ch6 to Ch9 extra credit work, on Friday May 1, 2015,
under my office door JWB 113.
- 2280 Extra Credit Maple Lab 4 Resonance
Maple Text Here
- 2280 Extra Credit Maple Lab 8 Earthquakes
Maple Text Here
- 2280 Extra Credit Maple Lab 9 Tacoma Narrows
Maple Text Here,
- 2280 Extra Credit Maple Lab 10 Brine Tanks and Glucose-Insulin
Maple Text Here
Link to Department of Mathematics, University of Utah