Sean Howe. first DOT last AT utah DOT edu. JWB 323.
A randomly generated cubic surface with its real lines (mathematica notebook below )
As of July 2019, I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Utah.
E-mail: first DOT last AT utah DOT edu.
Office: JWB 323
From September 2017 to June 2019, I was an NSF Postdoctoral Scholar at Stanford University. In June 2017, I received my PhD from the University of Chicago, advised by Matt Emerton. In July 2012 I received a joint master's degree from Leiden University
and Universite Paris-Sud 11 through the ALGANT integrated masters course.
I work in arithmetic and algebraic geometry, representation theory, and number theory. My CV.
That's me! No, not the ivy, the person in front of the ivy.
- Slope classicality via completed cohomology.
- Zeta statistics and Hadamard functions.
Margaret Bilu, Ronno Das, and Sean Howe.
- The spectral p-adic Jacquet-Langlands correspondence and a question of Serre.
To appear in Compositio Mathematica
(Note: Some results in the earlier arXiv version have been split off to appear in another work in progress.)
- Motivic Euler products in motivic statistics.
Margaret Bilu and Sean Howe.
To appear in Algebra and Number Theory
- Overconvergent modular forms are highest weight vectors in the Hodge-Tate weight zero part of completed cohomology.
Sean Howe. Forum of Mathematics, Sigma. Volume 9, March 2021.
journal (open access) ·
- A unipotent circle action on p-adic modular forms.
Sean Howe. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society Series B, 7 (2020), 186-226.
journal (open access) ·
- Motivic random variables and representation stability I: Configuration spaces.
Sean Howe. Algebraic & Geometric Topology, 20-6 (2020), 3013-3045.
- Motivic random variables and representation stability II: Hypersurface sections.
Sean Howe. Advances in Mathematics, Volume 350, 9 July 2019, Pages 1267-1313.
- Transcendence of the Hodge-Tate filtration.
Sean Howe. Journal de théorie des nombres de Bordeaux, 30 no. 2 (2018), p. 671-680.
- Presentations of quaternionic S-unit groups.
Ted Chinburg, Holley Friedlander, Sean Howe, Michiel Kosters, Bhairav Singh, Matthew Stover, Ying Zhang, and Paul Ziegler. Experimental Mathematics, Volume 24, Issue 2 (2015), p. 175-182.
journal · arXiv:1404.6091
- The Log-Convex Density Conjecture and vertical surface area in warped
Sean Howe. Advances in Geometry, 15.4:455--468, 2015.
journal · arXiv:1107.4402
- Isoperimetric problems in sectors with density.
Alexander Diaz, Nate Harman, Sean Howe, and David Thompson. Advances in Geometry, 14.4:589--619, 2012.
- Steiner and Schwarz symmetrization in warped products and fiber bundles with density.
Frank Morgan, Sean Howe, and Nate Harman. Revista Matematica Iberoamericana,
- Isoperimetric inequalities for wave fronts and a generalization of Menzin's conjecture for bicycle monodromy
on surfaces of constant curvature.
Sean Howe, Matt Pancia and Valentin Zakharevich. Advances in Geometry, 11:273--292, 2011.
- Overconvergent modular forms and the p-adic Jacquet-Langlands correspondence.
Sean Howe, University of Chicago PhD Thesis, 2017. Note: Some of the results of this thesis appear in "The p-adic Jacquet-Langlands correspondence and a question of Serre," above.
knowledge.uchicago.edu · local pdf ·
- Higher genus counterexamples to relative Manin-Mumford.
Sean Howe, ALGANT Master's
Some of these are old and may be be quite rough, sorry!
(provided as-is; feel free to use, and let me know if you do something cool!)
- Root Loops: Dynamically draws roots of a one-parameter family of polynomials.
- random-cubic-lines.nb: Generates and displays a random cubic surface with its real lines.
- random-surface.nb: Generates and displays a random surface (can vary degree)
- random-curve.nb: Generates and displays a random curve (can vary degree)