Sean Howe. first DOT last AT utah DOT edu. JWB 323.
A randomly generated cubic surface with its real lines (mathematica notebook below )
As of July 2019, I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Utah.
E-mail: first DOT last AT utah DOT edu.
Office: JWB 323
From September 2017 to June 2019, I was an NSF Postdoctoral Scholar at Stanford University. In June 2017, I received my PhD from the University of Chicago, advised by Matt Emerton. In July 2012 I received a joint master's degree from Leiden University
and Universite Paris-Sud 11 through the ALGANT integrated masters course.
I work in arithmetic and algebraic geometry, representation theory, and number theory. My CV.
This is me in September 2016 on Maui. Unfortunately, you're more likely to find me in my office.
2020 - Fall - Math 6370. An elementary but modern introduction to p-adic Hodge theory. Lecture videos and notes posted.
2020 - Spring - Math 6320. Algebra II.
- Overconvergent modular forms are highest weight vectors in the Hodge-Tate weight zero part of completed cohomology.
- Motivic Euler products in motivic statistics.
Margaret Bilu and Sean Howe.
- The p-adic Jacquet-Langlands correspondence and a question of Serre.
- A unipotent circle action on p-adic modular forms.
Sean Howe. To appear in Transactions of the American Mathematical Society.
- Motivic random variables and representation stability I: Configuration spaces.
Sean Howe. To appear in Algebraic and Geometric Topology.
- Motivic random variables and representation stability II: Hypersurface sections.
Sean Howe. Advances in Mathematics, Volume 350, 9 July 2019, Pages 1267-1313.
- Transcendence of the Hodge-Tate filtration.
Sean Howe. Journal de théorie des nombres de Bordeaux, 30 no. 2 (2018), p. 671-680.
- Presentations of quaternionic S-unit groups.
Ted Chinburg, Holley Friedlander, Sean Howe, Michiel Kosters, Bhairav Singh, Matthew Stover, Ying Zhang, and Paul Ziegler. Experimental Mathematics, Volume 24, Issue 2, 2015.
journal · arXiv:1404.6091
- The Log-Convex Density Conjecture and vertical surface area in warped
Sean Howe. Advances in Geometry, 15.4:455--468, 2015.
journal · arXiv:1107.4402
- Isoperimetric problems in sectors with density.
Alexander Diaz, Nate Harman, Sean Howe, and David Thompson. Advances in Geometry, 14.4:589--619, 2012.
- Steiner and Schwarz symmetrization in warped products and fiber bundles with density.
Frank Morgan, Sean Howe, and Nate Harman. Revista Matematica Iberoamericana,
- Isoperimetric inequalities for wave fronts and a generalization of Menzin's conjecture for bicycle monodromy
on surfaces of constant curvature.
Sean Howe, Matt Pancia and Valentin Zakharevich. Advances in Geometry, 11:273--292, 2011.
- Overconvergent modular forms and the p-adic Jacquet-Langlands correspondence.
Sean Howe, University of Chicago PhD Thesis, 2017. Note: Some of the results of this thesis appear in "The p-adic Jacquet-Langlands correspondence and a question of Serre," above.
knowledge.uchicago.edu · local pdf ·
- Higher genus counterexamples to relative Manin-Mumford.
Sean Howe, ALGANT Master's
Some of these are old and may be be quite rough, sorry!
(provided as-is; feel free to use, and let me know if you do something cool!)
- Root Loops: Dynamically draws roots of a one-parameter family of polynomials.
- random-cubic-lines.nb: Generates and displays a random cubic surface with its real lines.
- random-surface.nb: Generates and displays a random surface (can vary degree)
- random-curve.nb: Generates and displays a random curve (can vary degree)