Engineering Math 2250-1 Spring 2012
2250 meets 7:30am daily in JTB 140
Sunday April 08: 20:41PM, 2012 Today:
Monday October 15: 15:09PM, 2018
Textbook and WEB Site Reading Schedule
- Lectures What
happened in class? Lecture material, slides and
- Click here for
Notebook Computer files: lecture slides and documents.
- Historical References. Manuscripts Click
here. Slides Click
Appearing here are historical links to classroom pdf
manuscripts, slides, textbook problem solutions, examples,
solution outlines and maple code. See the preceding link for
current slides and manuscripts.
The exam dates are 16 Feb, 23 Feb, 22 Mar, 29 Mar, 12 Apr, 19 Apr,
Final Exam on 27 Apr.
for all S2012 exam materials, including samples,
old exam keys with solutions, keys to this semester's exams, and
related study guides for exams.
- Maplesoft Quick Reference Cards Click
- Douglas Meade's Quick Reference Card for Maple 12 Click
- A one-page pdf Matlab cheat sheet from Strang's linear
algebra course at MIT Click
- A rookie maple tutorial for the impatient from Indiana
- Maple programming examples by topic from Kettering
- Maple tutorial 2012 in html format
(19 Jan 2012,
Sections based on Angie Gardiner's tutorial below. Used in LCB115 maple intro lectures.
- Angie Gardiner tutorial source. Save worksheet to local
disk and launch it in maple.
Worksheet [usually right
(26 Dec 2011,
Angie Gardiner tutorial 30+ page text Here.
26 Dec 2011,
- Details for maple 12 under unix, windows, OS/X How
to use maple 12 (
27 Dec 2011,
- Maple graphics and low speed internet Maple
at home (28 Dec 2011,
- Maple 15 Offer S2012
Visit Maplesoft's web store here
and use this 50-percent promotion code (correct, $50/copy):
The promotion code is valid until Monday, May 07, 2012.
- The 85 physics animations in the link below are
Copyright 2002 David M. Harrison, Dept. of Physics,
Univ. of Toronto.
A high percentage of the areas covered in the 85
animations touch the subject matter of this course:
Chaos, Classical Mechanics, Electricity and
Magnetism, Micrometer Caliper, Miscellaneous,
Nuclear, Optics, Oscilloscope, Quantum Mechanics,
Relativity, Sound Waves, Vectors, Waves.
- The physics animations in the link below are
Copyright 2002 Dan Russell, Dept. of Physics,
Kettering Univ. See in particular the movies and
animations for harmonic motion, forced oscillations
Russell's physics animations
* Simple Harmonic Oscillator - with and without damping, transfer of energy between kinetic and potential forms
* Damped Harmonic Oscillator - underdamped, overdamped, and critically damped
* Forced Harmonic Oscillator - transient and steady state response to a force applied to the mass
* The Simple Pendulum - comparing the linear approximation (small angle) with a real pendulum
* Coupled Oscillators - energy transfer between two mass-spring systems coupled together
* Dynamic Absorbers - J.P. Den Hartog's classical undamped tuned dynamic absorber
* Tacoma Narrows Bridge - (0.668 MB mpeg movie) - when engineers don't account for resonance when designing structures