Gustafson's 2250-1 7:30 S2012
Updated: Saturday December 10: 11:38AM, 2011
Today: Saturday January 20: 15:40PM, 2018
Extra credit problems by chapter
The due date for Ch1 to Ch6 Extra Credit is Week 13. Extra credits for
Ch1 to Ch6 cancel zeros and fifties on dailies from the associated
chapter. Example: you cannot use Ch1 extra credit on any other chapter,
the credit applies only on dailies missed in chapter 1.
Choose problems by chapter to cancel zeros and fifties. The problem or
maple problem worked does not have to match the missed work.
- 2250 Chapter 1 [First Order DE] extra credit problems
- 2250 Chapter 2 [DE applications] and Intro maple lab 1 extra credit problems
- 2250 Chapter 3 [Linear Algebra] and Newton Cooling maple lab 2 extra credit problems
- 2250 Chapter 4 [Vector spaces] and numerical maple labs 3,4 extra credit problems
- 2250 Chapter 5 [Linear DE] and matrix maple lab 5 extra credit.
- 2250 Chapter 6 [Eigenanlysis] extra credit.
Semester Extra Credit
Extra credit Ch7, Ch8, Ch9, Ch10, Ch10X and optional Maple
Labs 8, 9, 10 apply as extra credit for the entire semester. They
cancel zeros and fifties for any chapter. Due the Monday after classes
There is no extra credit work for oscillations maple lab 6 nor for
Laplace maple lab 7. To replace zeros and fifties on these two labs,
please do any extra credit problem or optional maple lab problem below.
- 2250 Chapter 7 [DE systems] extra credit.
- 2250 Chapter 8 [Matrix Exponential] extra credit.
- 2250 Chapter 9 [Dynamical Systems] extra credit.
- 2250 Chapter 10 [Laplace] extra credit.
- 2250 Chapter 10X extra credit. Challenging Laplace
Maple Extra Credit Projects
These projects have several files each, found on the maple link page only.
Credits from these optional maple labs apply to cancel any zero or fifty
in the dailies for any chapter. Due the Monday after classes end.
Click Here, then navigate the
maple project web page to find the files for Lab8, Lab9, Lab10.
- 2250 Optional Maple Lab 8 Earthquakes
- 2250 Optional Maple Lab 9 Tacoma Narrows
- 2250 Optional Maple Lab 10 Brine Tanks and Glucose-Insulin
Link to Department of Mathematics, University of Utah