Television & Video Coverage
11. EmeraldPlanet Television Show - Dr. Kenneth M. Golden, Principal Investigator, NSF Mathematics and Climate Research Network and Professor of Mathematics, Theme: "Sea Ice and its Role in the Climate System," February 2016.
10. NSF Discoveries Video: "On Golden's Melt Pond: Math on Ice," November 4, 2015.
9. Interview on Al Roker's Weather Channel TV show: Wake Up with Al!, April 2015.
8. National Math Festival in 140 Seconds. Promotional video for the first National Math Festival, April 2015.
7. Mathematician combines love of numbers and passion for sea ice to forecast melting, NSF Science Nation, January 2014.
5. KSL Televsion - Featured story about a daring rescue in Antarctica, November 2012.
4. BASC Saturday Talk in the field with Ken Golden, Professor of Mathematics. Ken and team are doing science off the coast of Barrow, Alaska on the frozen Arctic Ocean, September 2012.
3. Face Time with U: Ken Golden Prepares for Antarctica. Ken Golden, Professor of Mathematics and Adjunct Professor of Bioengineering at the U will be leading the Mathpedition to Antarctica. Golden discusses details of his research and recounts past expeditions to the cool corners of the world, November 2010.
2. Utah Conversations with Ted Capener, 30 minute show on KEUD (Public TV), broadcast Sunday, October 11th, 2009 at 5:30 p.m. "Sea ice, mathematics and global climate change: Is there a link? University of Utah Professor Kenneth M. Golden has travelled many times to the Arctic and Antarctic to find the answer. A conversation with Ken Golden."
1. See a TV interview with Professor Golden and Mathematics graduate student Adam Gully about their sea ice work and expedition to Antarctica in 2007, from a live broadcast on KJZZ (KUTV2, CBS), Salt Lake City, September 10, 2008.