Academic Advising - Mathematics Department
Academic Advising Coordinator
We are here to help you make the most of your experience at the U of U.
| Scheduled Appointments
For issues expected to take 15 minutes or more, such as major declarations, mandatory advising and graduation planning. If you don't see any available times check back regularly for slots that have opened up or call/email with some alternate days/times you are available.
|Drop-In Office Hours
For issues expected to take 5-10 minutes, such as minor declarations and forms to be signed.
We will soon begin scheduling appointments
for the week of January 22.
Drop-in hours for the week of January 15 Monday: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Holiday - no hours
Tuesday: 9:30 - 12:30 & 1:30 - 5:00 in the Crocker Science Center Advising Hive (2nd floor)
9:30 - 12:30 & 2:00 - 3:30 in LCB 212
Wednesday: 9:30 - 12:00 & 1:30 - 3:30 in LCB 212/214
Thursday: 8:30 - 9:30 & 1:00 - 5:00 in the Crocker Science Center Advising Hive (2nd floor)
Friday: 9:30 - 3:30 in LCB 212/214
Math Majors please contact us once per semester, or at least once per year, to discuss progress toward your degree and any concerns you may have. This will allow you to know more about course availability and pre-requisites (which are strictly enforced). It is crucial that you work closely with us to graduate without delay.
Transfer students contact us early in your academic career, even prior to admission to the University of Utah.
Transfer Course Evaluations
In order to evaluate your coursework we will need an official course description and your uID. You can submit the information from the course website, an official syllabus (that lists topics covered, textbook used and prerequisite information) or a letter from an advisor.
- If you are trying to use a transfer course as a prerequisite so you can take a course here, submit a permission code request.
- If you are trying to use a transfer course as a general education or major requirement, email the advisors.
- If you have questions about which course is best for you, check out our Math Placement Guide.
How can we help you?
- To declare a Mathematics major or minor
- Explain U of U graduation requirements: general education, bachelor degree and course prerequisites
- Develop an academic plan (that includes what order to take courses and when they are available)
- How to use the Degree Audit & GPS Systems
- Connect with U of U departmental opportunities and resources
- Evaluate transfer courses
- For math majors clearning general education requirements
- Navigate here at the U of U from admission to graduation, and everything in between
- Discuss ANYTHING regarding your education here at the UofU