This course is a lab section for Math 1320-006. Lab will provide opportunities for student-led group work with basic calculus methods and also with the use of calculus in physical and engineering applications. Each problem set is designed to reinforce and extend material covered in lectures and to help develop problem solving skills.
See Professor Epshteynʼs webpage for the main page, including syllabus, grading information, homework, etc.
- Instructor: Kyle R Steffen
- Office: JWB 105
- Phone: (801) 585-7663
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule at a glance
Schedule and office hours
- 1320-007 lab session: Thursdays 9:40–10:30 AM, WBB 206
- 1320-008 lab session: Thursdays 10:45–11:35 AM, JTB 110
- My office hours:
- Note: Special office hours the week of Midterm Exam 1—please see the “Exam & lab information” section below.
- Monday 9:00–10:00 AM, Math Tutoring Center
- Wednesday 1:30–2:30 PM, WEB 1622
- Thursday 1:30–2:30 PM, WEB 1622
- Or by appointment—send me an e-mail and we will set up a time
- Gaoyang Fanʼs office hours:
- From Gaoyangʼs website.
- Note: Gaoyang is Prof. Epshteynʼs T.A. for Math 1320-009, which meets
MTWF 8:35–9:25 AM. The homework and lab assignments are identical.
- Monday 11:00–12:00 PM, WEB 1622
- Wednesday 11:00–12:00 PM, Math Tutoring Center
- Thursday 2:30–3:30 PM, WEB 1622
- Prof. Epshteynʼs office hours:
- Lab assignments will be posted every Wednesday, and collected in class eight days later.
- Late assignments will not be accepted unless you talk to me before the due date (or if there are extreme circumstances).
- Attendance is taken, and is a component of your grade (as discussed in the syllabus on Professor Epshteynʼs website).
Exam & lab information
- 14 Jan 2016: Lab 1
- 21 Jan 2016: Lab 2
- 28 Jan 2016: Lab 3
- 4 Feb 2016: Lab 4
- 11 Feb 2016: Review for Midterm Exam 1—we will work the problems from the Practice Midterm Exam, work additional problems, and answer questions (as time allows).
- 18 Feb 2016: Midterm Exam 1—study hard, & let me know if you have any questions.
- Note: Office hours this week will be held as follows:
- Tuesday Feb 16th: 9:00–10:00 AM, WEB 1622 (special session)
- Wednesday Feb 17th: 1:30–2:30 PM, WEB 1622
- Thursday Feb 18th—cancelled
- Or by appointment—send me an e-mail and we will set up a time.