University of Utah
Department of Mathematics
155 S 1400 E RM 233
Salt Lake City, UT, 84112-0090
Office: JWB 209
I am an NSF-RTG postdoctoral research assistant professor at the University of Utah. In 2019, I received my PhD at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln where my advisors were Lucho Avramov and Mark Walker. My research interests are primarily in the homological aspects of commutative algebra. I am also interested in DG homological algebra, triangulated categories, and representation theory. You can find my CV here.
Here's a little bit more about me: I spent most of my formative years in the San Francisco bay area and the suburbs of Seattle. I have also spent a good deal of time in Oregon and Nebraska, while pursuing my PhD. Some of my hobbies are biking, rock climbing, hiking, napping, and hanging out with my cats. Also, I am an avid movie-goer and love to talk about films!
Publications, Preprints and Notes
Here is a list of my research papers:
- "The derived category of a locally complete intersection ring", Advances in Mathematics (2019).
- "Equivariant isomorphisms of Ext and Tor modules" (submitted).
- "Cohomological support over derived complete intersections" (in preparation).
I am passionate about education and strive to make my classrooms a dynmaic and fun learning enviroment. Below are the couses I have taught:
- University of Utah:
- Math 2200: Discrete Mathematics, Fall 2019
- University of Nebraska:
- Math 314: Linear Algebra, Spring 2019
- Math 208: Calculus III, Fall 2017 and Fall 2018
- Math 802P: Numbers, Geometry, and Algebraic Thinking II for K-3 Math Specialists, Summer 2017 (class for in-service K-3 teachers in or around Omaha, NE)
- Math 302: Mathematical Modeling, Spring 2017 (class for pre-service math teachers at UNL)
- Math 300: Mathematics Matters, Fall 2016 (class for pre-service math teachers at UNL)
- Math 104: Applied Calculus, Summer 2015 and Spring 2016
- Math 203: Contemporary Mathematics, Fall 2015
- Math 101: College Algebra, Fall 2014 and Spring 2015
Recent and Upcoming Conferences and Talks
- AMS Special Session: DG Methods in Commutative Algebra and Representation Theory, CSU Fresno, May 2-3, 2020 (Co-organizer along with Ben Briggs and Janina Letz)
- AMS Special Session: Homological Methods in Algebra, University of Florida, November 2-3, 2019 (Speaker, 20 minute talk)
- KUMUNU, University of Nebraska, September 21-22, 2019
- Commutative Algebra Seminar, University of Genoa, July 8, 2019 (Speaker, 60 minute talk)