ACCESS 2015 - CryptographyInstructor: Braxton Osting (osting AT math DOT utah DOT edu), LCB 116
ACCESS TA: Sophia Mahoney (dimas11 AT hotmail DOT com)
Math TA: Becky Terry (terry AT math DOT utah DOT edu)
When: July 6 -10, 8:30am-12pm
Where: JTB 120 and MAC 1120. Please refer to the campus map for the location of buildings. Both JTB (John Talmage Building) and LCB (LeRoy Cowles Building) are on President's Circle. MAC 1120 is a computer lab in the Marriott Library.
- The plan for the week is here: weekplan.pdf
- The notes on cryptography are here: lecturenotes.pdf (These notes distributed on Monday)
- Tuesday: Instructions are here.
- Wednesday: The RSA public key exchange is explained nicely in the notes by Tom Davis.
- Thursday: Implement RSA cryptography
- Friday: Implement ACCESS coins - a simplified version of bitcoin.
- Instructions: Coininstructions.pdf and lecture notes: Coinnotes.pdf
- You will need your private key p,q,N,N2,e,d from Thursday and the files:
primes.py, pubkeys.py, coins.py, coins_client.py.
- These Python modules are documented here.
The block chain and tally are available here.Here are the final block chain and tally.
This class is based on previous ACCESS classes by Nick Korevaar, Fernando Guevara Vasquez, and Christel Hohenegger.