(Sect.1) 8:35-9:25am, (Sect.2) 10:45-11:35am
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
Where: ST 205
, by Gilbert Srang (ISBN 0-9614088-2-0).
The complete textbook is available online here
Vectors in the plane and in 3-space, differential calculus in several variables, integration and its applications in several variables, vector fields, and line, surface and volume integrals, Green's and Stokes Theorems. This corresponds roughly to Sections 11-15 of the textbook.
A grade of C or better in MATH 1270 or Math AP BC test score of 4 or 5.
(Section 1) Here
, (Section 2) Here
| May 7 2010
- The final grades are available on WebCT. Please note that they are not definitive yet: hence if you have any question about them, come to my office!
| Apr 21 2010
- Some exercises for the final exam are here.
| Apr 20 2010
- Some more facultative homework assignment on series (for you to understand better the material)
Section 10.1: 2,10,15,19,39
Section 10.2: 11,15,23,24,28,47,48,59,64,68
Section 10.3: 3,7,10,30,44
Section 10.4: 19,22,39,40
| Apr 16 2010
- Facultative homework assignment for next week
Section 15.4: 1,9,16,31
Section 15.5: 2,6,11,27
Section 15.6: 4,12,21
| Apr 9 2010
- Homework assignment #10 is due on Friday, April 16 (at the beginning of the class) and contains 15 exercises
Section 15.1: 2,6,14,37
Section 15.2: 3,5,11,16,21,32,42
Section 15.3: 2,12,17,21
| Mar 29 2010
- Some exercises for the second midterm exam are here.
| Mar 17 2010
- Homework assignment #9 is due on Friday, April 2 (at the beginning of the class) and contains 13 exercises
Section 14.3: 1,5,8,12,17,24,25
Section 14.4: 4,6,12,20,22,24
| Mar 10 2010
- Homework assignment #8 is due on Wednesday, March 17 (at the beginning of the class) and contains 7 exercises
Section 14.2: 1,2,7,15,28,30,33
| Mar 5 2010
- Homework assignment #7 is due on Wednesday, March 10 (at the beginning of the class) and contains 16 exercises
Section 13.7: 2,5,11,18,29
Section 14.1: 1,2,4,9,10,18,20,26,27,29,33
| Feb 26 2010
- Homework assignment #6 is due on Friday, March 5 (at the beginning of the class) and contains 16 exercises
Section 13.4: 1,4,11,15,16,28
Section 13.5: 2,3,14,44,45
Section 13.6: 3,8,14,17,19
| Feb 24 2010
- The solutions for the first midterm exam are here (Section 1), and here (Section 2).
| Feb 16 2010
- Some exercises for the first midterm exam are here.
| Feb 10 2010
- Homework assignment #5 is due on Wednesday, Feb 17 (at the beginning of the class) and contains 16 exercises
Section 13.1: 1,11,14,16
Section 13.2: 1,4,9,12,21,24,30
Section 13.3: 2,5,7,10,12
| Feb 3 2010
- Homework assignment #4 is due on Wednesday, Feb 10 (at the beginning of the class) and contains 14 exercises
Section 12.2: 2,5,6,9,16,19,21
Section 12.3: 1,4,6,8,11,14,19
| Jan 27 2010
- Homework assignment #3 is due on Wednesday, Feb 3 (at the beginning of the class) and contains 18 exercises
Section 11.3: 5,10,21,25,36,39,42
Section 11.4: 3,6,15,21,29,30
Section 12.1: 1,5,11,23,33
| Jan 19 2010
- Homework assignment #2 is due on Wednesday, Jan 27 (at the beginning of the class) and contains 14 exercises
Section 11.2: 1,2,3,5,8,10,13,16,20,23,27,34,35,40
| Jan 12 2010
- Homework assignment #1 is due on Tuesday, Jan 19 (at the beginning of the class) and contains 12 exercises
Section 11.1: 1,4,6,10,12,15,18,21,30,31,36,42
General guidelines: Show your work. A right answer without proper explanation or the manipulations that lead to it, will not count for full credit. You may work in groups, however you must submit your own writeup of the solution.
Since this is the first assignment, please come to my office if you have any question.
The exercise have to be done all. I will grade three of them (randomly and equal for everybody). Then I will assign from 0 to 2 points for each of these 3 exercises.Moreover, I will give from 0 to 4 points if you have (at least) tried to solve all the exercises. In total you will receive a grade from 0 to 10 points.
Recall that the two lowest homework will not be considered when taking the final mean for the semester.
| Jan 11 2010
- Homework assignments will be given in class, on this webpage and by email. Other announcements, such as office hour changes, will go here too.
For checking your grades (both for the homework and for the future exams) you have to go to WebCT, log-in with your uID number and password, and then you can view your grades by
clicking on the small icon down on the left "My grades".
Homework, exams and withdrawal policies
- Homeworks 20%, Final 40%, Midterms 40% (20% each)
- Expect one weekly homework assignment. No late homework will be
accepted, but the two lowest homework scores will be dropped when finding the
homework mean for the term.
- Two midterms, tentatively on Tuesday February 23, and Tuesday April 6. Both of them from 8:35am to 9:25am (for Section 1), 10:45am to 11:35am (for Section 2), in ST 205.
- Final exam date: Thursday, May 6, 8:00-10:00am (for Section 1), Tuesday, May 4, 10:30-12:30am (for Section 2), in ST 205.
- See the following links for the University of Utah withdrawal policy and the Spring 2010 academic calendar.
Students with Disabilities
The University of Utah seeks to provide equal access to its programs,
services and activities for people with disabilities. If you will need
accommodations in the class, reasonable prior notice needs to be given to the
Center for Disability Services, 162 Olpin Union Building, 581-5020 (V/TDD).
CDS will work with you and the instructor to make arrangements for
All written information in this course can be made available in alternative
format with prior notification to the Center for Disability Services.
Also, please let me know at the beginning of the course, should you need