Date: MATH 1210-4 - Spring 2004
Note: Unless stated otherwise, answers without justification
receive no credit. Please, show your work!
- Find all the critical points of .
- Find the regions where is increasing and where it is
- Find the regions where is concave up and where it is
- Find all inflection points of .
- Using the first or second derivatives of decide which
of the critical points are local maximum values and which are
local minimum values.
- Using only the information that you have gathered so far,
sketch a graph of showing this information.