Date: MATH 1210-4 - Spring 2004
Note: Unless stated otherwise, answers without justification
receive no credit. Please, show your work!
- Find the area determined by the -axis and the curve
- A ball is thrown straight up from the top of a tall
building with an initial velocity of . The acceleration due
to the gravity force is
- Find a formula for the velocity of the ball seconds after
it is thrown.
- Find a formula for the position (height above the ground) of
the ball seconds after it is thrown.
- What is the maximum height that the ball reaches?