University of Utah
Department of Mathematics, JWB108
155 S 1400 E RM 233
Salt Lake City, UT, 84112-0090
Tel: +1 801 58
FAX: +1 801 581 4148
I am currently a post-doc at the University of Utah. Here is a CV.
I have interests in geometric group theory, in particular in the study of the group Out(F_N) of outer automorphisms of a free group through its action on geometric complexes, such as Outer space or some hyperbolic complexes, and more generally of automorphism groups of free products. I've also been working on random walks on mapping class groups of surfaces, and on Out(F_N).
- Hyperbolic graphs for free products, and the Gromov boundary of the graph of cyclic splittings, to appear in J. Topol. [arXiv version]
- The horoboundary of outer space, and growth under random automorphisms, to appear in Ann. Scient. Ec. Norm. Sup. [arXiv version]
- Spectral rigidity for primitive elements of F_N, to appear in J. Group Theory [arXiv version]
- The Poisson boundary of Out(F_N), to appear in Duke Math. J. [arXiv version]
- The hyperbolicity of the sphere complex via surgery paths, with A.Hilion, to appear in J. Reine Angew. Math. [paper, arXiv version]
- A short proof of Handel and Mosher's alternative for subgroups of Out(F_N), to appear in Groups Geom. Dyn. [arXiv version]
- My thesis: Random walks on Out(F_N) and automorphism groups of free products