Gustafson's 2250 7:30 S2013
Updated: Monday December 10: 06:44AM, 2012
Today: Saturday June 23: 13:41PM, 2018
Extra credit problems by chapter
The plan for Spring 2013 is to submit extra credit Ch 1 to 5 on April 8
(week 13) and extra credit Ch 6 to 10X on May 2 (final exam week).
Which problems should I work? You can choose whichever extra
credit problems that you want, to replace scores of 50 or 0, within a
given chapter, math-type or maple-type.
Ch1 to Ch5. Location is important. Look at the PDF extra credit
file for Ch1 to Ch5 to locate a match to the the missed work. For
example, a missed Maple lab 1 score can be canceled by any problem from
Ch2 Extra Credit, because maple lab 1 is part of that PDF.
Ch6 to Ch10X. These problems apply to correct any missed work
from any Homework set or Maple set in the semester. Problems from Ch6
to Ch10X extra credit PDF files add to the semester HW total. Effort on
Ch6 to Ch10X cancels lost credits from Ch1 to Ch5.
How do I add credits for a missed maple lab? Find the matching
maple problem in an Extra Credit PDF file, then choose any
problem from that PDF file. Another way is to work any problem
from Ch6 to Ch10X Extra Credit PDF files.
- 2250 Chapter 1 [First Order DE] extra credit problems
- 2250 Chapter 2 [DE applications] and Intro maple lab 1 extra credit problems
- 2250 Chapter 3 [Linear Algebra] and Newton Cooling maple lab 2 extra credit problems
- 2250 Chapter 4 [Vector spaces] and numerical maple labs 3,4 extra credit problems
- 2250 Chapter 5 [Linear DE] and matrix maple lab 5 extra credit.
Semester Extra Credit
Extra credit Ch6, Ch7, Ch8, Ch9, Ch10, Ch10X and optional Maple Labs 8,
9, 10 apply as extra credit for the entire semester. They cancel zeros
and fifties for any chapter. Due after classes end and the final exam
has been written. In S2013, due Tuesday 30 April.
There is no extra credit work for oscillations maple lab 6 nor for
Laplace maple lab 7. To replace zeros and fifties on these two labs,
please do any extra credit problem or optional maple lab problem from
the list below.
- 2250 Chapter 6 [Eigenanlysis] extra credit.
- 2250 Chapter 7 [DE systems] extra credit.
- 2250 Chapter 8 [Matrix Exponential] extra credit.
- 2250 Chapter 9 [Dynamical Systems] extra credit.
- 2250 Chapter 10 [Laplace] extra credit.
- 2250 Chapter 10X [Laplace Challenge] extra credit.
Maple Extra Credit Projects
These projects have several files each, found on the maple link page only.
Credits from these optional maple labs apply to cancel any zero or fifty
in the dailies for any chapter. Due after classes end with the Ch6 to
Ch10X extra credit work.
Click Here, then navigate the
maple project web page to find the files for Maple Labs 8, 9, 10.
- 2250 Optional Maple Lab 8 Earthquakes
- 2250 Optional Maple Lab 9 Tacoma Narrows
- 2250 Optional Maple Lab 10 Brine Tanks and Glucose-Insulin
Link to Department of Mathematics, University of Utah