Grant Gustafson at math.utah.edu
Engineering Math Spring 2007
Today: Wednesday August 15: 20:46PM, 2018
Updated: Wednesday May 23: 06:01AM, 2007
Final exam keys posted: 11 May 2007. Exams and HW may be picked up
at 113jwb for the next week, ending May 18.
Grades Posted: 10 May 2007. Corrections 11 May 2007.
Posted grades used excel source for exam 1 which had spurious
errors of 1 or 2 percent in every record, all different than the
printed record made in April. The source of the errors is unknown, but
maybe it is due to "paste special" in MS Excel. These are now corrected
online in the electronic records, matching the April print.
A second error, which caused the 8 problems of ch10 to be removed from
the dailies, has also been corrected and grade changes issued where needed,
about 28 changes total in 120 records.
Please be patient, because the
change of grade paperwork goes at UofU speed, out of my control.
All 2250 [7:30am, 10:45am] Electronic records 11 May 2007. Corrected.
2250-1 7:30 and 2250-2 10:45 Due Dates Spring 2007
- 2250 [7:30am, 10:45am] What happened in class? Web log of material and references.
- 2250 [7:30am, 10:45am] Changes in due dates for submitted work
Updated due dates
- 2250 [7:30am, 10:45am] Grader's Notes. A weblog of common errors on dailies.
- 2250 [7:30am, 10:45am] Extra Credit. Cancel those zeros and fifty-fives!
Extra credit problems
- 2250 [7:30am, 10:45am] Problem Notes. Extra info on dailies.
Problem notes and FAQ
Maple labs 2250 Spring 2007
for all S2007 maple labs and maple extra credit. Some maple
extra credit also appears on the extra credit pages for each chapter.
2250 Midterm and Final Exams Spring 2007
for all S2007 exam materials, including samples, old exam keys with
solutions, keys to this semester's exams, and related study guides for
DE and Linear Algebra Lecture Slides Spring 2007
for all classroom projection materials, including slides, pdf documents,
examples, special solutions and maple code.
DE and Linear Algebra manuscripts Spring 2007
for longer classroom pdf manuscripts, slides, textbook problem
solutions, examples, solution outlines and maple code. This page
catalogs a number of longer pdf documents that augment the textbook
materials or explain a particular topic in detail. Not all topics are in
the course syllabus.
2250 Syllabus, Gradesheet, Reports, Spring 2007
- Gustafson's 2250 (7:30am, 10:45am) gradesheet and problem list Spring 2007.
7:30 and 10:45 gradesheet
( 43K pdf)
- Gustafson's 2250 (7:30am, 10:45am) syllabus Spring 2007.
7:30 and 10:45 syllabus
- 2250 format suggestions for submitted work
How to improve your written work. Writing reports.
( 25K pdf)
OLD Engineering Math Local Documents 1998-2006
- Link to Fall 2006 Eng Math documents
- Link to Spring 2006 Eng Math documents
- Link to Fall 2005 Eng Math documents
- Link to Spring 2005 Eng Math documents
- Link to Fall 2004 Eng Math documents
- Link to Spring 2004 Eng Math documents
- Link to Fall 2003 Eng Math documents
- Link to Spring 2003 Eng Math documents
- Link to Fall 2002 Eng Math documents
- Link to Spring 2002 Eng Math documents
- Link to 2000-2001 Eng Math documents
- Link to 1995-1999 Eng Math documents
FLASH Animations of applications
The 85 physics animations in the link below are Copyright 2002 David M.
Harrison, Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Toronto.
Harrison's physics animations
The high percentage of the areas covered in the 85 animations touch
the subject matter of this course.
- Classical Mechanics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Micrometer Caliper
- Quantum Mechanics
- Sound Waves
Grant B. Gustafson
155 South 1400 East Room 233
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0090
Office phone: (801) 581-6879
Grant Gustafson. For email address, see class notes or the doorcard.
Link to Department of Mathematics, University of Utah