- Early Research Directions
- Spring course for first-year students to introduce them to research groups in the Department.
- Support, that includes stipend and book money, to allow PhD-seeking students to focus on studying for qualifiying exams or research.
- Graduate Colloquium
- A lecture series organized by the Graduate Student Advisory Committee.
- Mathematical Survival Skills
- A Fall course for first-year students intended to teach basic skills involved in commmunicating mathematics.
- Intensive two-week summer courses aimed at introducing graduate students to current research in a specific field.