Current Positions, 2016-2017
The Department of Mathematics at the University of Utah invites applications for the following faculty positions:
- Full-time tenure-track or tenured appointments at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in all areas of statistics. These positions are part of a University-wide cluster hiring effort in statistics, with particular emphasis in mathematics, computer science, and bioengineering. Successful candidates will have strong interdisciplinary interests.
- Full-time tenure-track or tenured appointments at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in all areas of mathematics.
Full time tenure-track or tenured appointments at the level of
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Mathematics, and
Affiliated Faculty, Center for Science and Mathematics Education (CSME)
University of Utah.
The Department seeks a research mathematician with a deep interest in
issues of mathematics education. The successful candidate will have a
record of research typical of other faculty in the Department of
Mathematics at similar rank. He or she will lead the mathematics
education group in the Department and, in particular, maintain
oversight of mathematical content courses for future teachers. Other
duties include interfacing with math and science education faculty in
the College of Science and the College of Education, as well as
working closely with the staff of the CSME.
A parallel search in mathematics education is being conducted by the Department of Education, Culuture, and Society. For more details, please click here.
- The University of Utah's Department of Mathematics, in conjunction with the Scientific Computing and Imaging (SCI) Institute, is seeking to hire an outstanding tenure-track faculty member at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level in the area of computational and applied mathematics. We are particularly interested in candidates with expertise and an excellent research record in scientific computing, uncertainty quantification, and/or mathematical data science. These areas reflect our strong research reputation in scientific visualization, image analysis, and interdisciplinary scientific computing within the SCI Institute. Information about the SCI Institute can be found at www.sci.utah.edu. Please submit (in PDF format): a cover letter specifying which of the above areas fit your research interests, a curriculum vitae, publication list, a research goals statement, a teaching goals statement, and the names and addresses of at least four references submitted through www.mathjobs.org.
- Three-year Burgess, Scott, Tucker, and Wylie Assistant Professor Lecturer positions.
- Research Training Group (RTG) postdoctoral positions in Algebraic Geometry and Topology.
Applications for these positions must be completed through the
and will be accepted until the position(s) have been filled.
Review of complete applications for tenure-track positions will begin on November 1, 2016, and will continue until the positions are filled. Completed applications for postdoctoral positions received before January 1, 2017, will receive full consideration.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, status as a person with a disability, genetic information, or Protected Veteran status. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. To inquire about the University’s nondiscrimination or affirmative action policies or to request disability accommodation, please contact: Director, Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Circle, Rm 135, (801) 581-8365. The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students from diverse backgrounds, and possess a strong commitment to improving access to higher education for historically underrepresented students.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300.