Current Positions, 2014-2015
The Department of Mathematics at the University of Utah invites applications for the following faculty positions:
- Full-time tenure-track or tenured appointments at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in all areas of mathematics.
- Full-time tenure-track or tenured appointments at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in all areas of statistics. These positions are part of a University-wide cluster hiring effort in statistics, with particular emphasis in mathematics, computer science, and bioengineering. Successful candidates will have strong interdisciplinary interests.
- Full-time tenure-track faculty member at the rank of Assistant Professor in the area of computational and applied mathematics. This search is conducted in conjunction with the Scientific Computing and Imaging (SCI) Institute. The successful candidate will have expertise in scientific computing, uncertainty quantification and/or imaging sciences, reflecting the research reputation of the SCI Institute.
- Three-year Burgess, Scott, Tucker, and Wylie Assistant Professor Lecturer positions.
- Research Training Group (RTG) postdoctoral positions in Algebraic Geometry and Topology.
- Research Training Group (RTG) postdoctoral positions in Mathematical Biology.
Applications must be completed through the website www.mathjobs.org/jobs/Utah, and will be accepted until the position(s) have been filled. Applications received before January 1, 2015, will receive full consideration.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, status as a person with a disability, genetic information, or Protected Veteran status. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. To inquire about the University’s nondiscrimination or affirmative action policies or to request disability accommodation, please contact: Director, Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Circle, Rm 135, (801) 581-8365.
The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students from diverse backgrounds, and possess a strong commitment to improving access to higher education for historically underrepresented students.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The department is one of 25 Group I Mathematics Departments in public institutions nationwide, and its faculty have received many honors including Simons, Clay, Guggenheim, Packard and Sloan Fellowships. For more information see www.math.utah.edu or e-mail email@example.com.