Maple Source Code Library
Back to Maple page
Packages for Calculus II
- Computing roots by the bisection method
- Not the fastest root finding method, but the safest.
- Heat equation in one dimension
- Solve a discrete form of the heat equation in one
dimension. Another iteration of maps example: if
u(t) is the temperature state at time t (a vector), then u(t+1) = f(u(t))
gives the temperature at time t+1.
- Iteration of mappings
- A package for studying the sequences a, f(a), f(f(a)), ....
generated by repeatedly (iteratively) applying a function to an initial value.
- Temperature at equilibrium
- An example of how to find the temperature of a thin, insulated,
square plate at thermal equilibrium given the temperature along the edge
of the plate. Modify the grid size and boundary conditions to
solve your problem.