The Summer Mathematics Program for High School Students at the University of Utah provides outstanding students an opportunity to develop their talents to the fullest. By presenting intriguing puzzles, challenging problems and powerful ideas, the program stimulates curiosity, develops the intellect, and lays a strong foundation for future work in mathematics, the sciences, or science related careers.
- Participants will receive three university credits in mathematics (graded credit/no credit).
- Program costs for US citizens, nationals, and permanent residents will be approximately $250.
- The prerequisite for the program is that students should have progressed far enough in their mathematical studies that they are prepared to enter Calculus. Calculus is not required.
- Preference will be given to students between their junior and senior years.
- Students who live far from the university will need to make living arrangements for the program.