Organizations for Mathematics Teachers
- The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)- Sponsors workshops and conferences for mathematics educators, offers for journals devoted to the teaching of mathematics at several levels, and provides a wealth of information useful to K-12 teachers of mathematics.
- The Mathematical Association of America (MAA)- An organization for college and university of faculty. There are links at this site as well as topics of discussion that may be of interest to middle and high school teachers of mathematics.
- The American Mathematical Society (AMS)- Focuses primarily on research in mathematics.
- Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM)- A nonprofit organization dedicated to encouraging women and girls in the mathematical sciences. In addition to useful links in mathematics education, there is a mentor network for grade school and high school students interested in mathematics.
- The Utah Council of Teachers of Mathematics- Local branch of the NCTM.
- Utah State Board of Education- Has many useful links for K-12 teachers in Utah including information on certification, jobs, school districts and links to individual schools. Some local school district links are:
- The Utah Education Association (UEA)- Professional organization for education employees whose mission is to advance the cause of public education, promote quality teaching and learning, and advocate for the rights and interests of its members. The UEA is affiliated with the and the National Education Association (NEA).