ellipse x0 y0 rx ry theta [-optional link arguments]
ellipse creates a elliptical entity of immersed boundary points. ellipse requires five arguments.
ellipse allows for optional link arguments by interpreting the following options.
- x0 - x coordinate of the ellipse center
- y0 - y coordinate of the ellipse center
- rx - the major axis of the ellipse
- ry - the minor axis of the ellipse
- theta - rotation in degrees of the axis'
The default resting length is determined so the points are no more than a distance of h/2 apart. The default resting angle is determined so that the ellipse remains a ellipse if there is no fluid flow. The tether points are located at the initial IB point positions.
- -A name - indicates this entity is active and provides a name
- -a angle - resting angle at the IB points
- -b bend - bending stiffness at the IB points (default=40000)
- -d distance - initial distance between IB points (default=0.5)
- -N name - provides a name for the entity
- -n number - number of IB points around the ellipse
- -s stiff - inter-IB-point spring stiffness (default=40000)
- -t tether - tether spring stiffness (default=0)
ellipse 1.0 1.25 0.5 0.25 45
Forms a ellipse centered at (1,1.25) with a major axis equal to 0.5 and a minor axis equal to 0.25, and rotated to 45 degrees.